Corporate Business Solutions was formed by a group of business professionals who collectively have provided business analytical and consulting services to thousands of clients and have been involved in building some of the fastest growing analytical, management consulting and strategic tax planning firms for the owners of small and mid-size companies in business today.
We assist entrepreneurs in all aspects of their business, including hiring new employees. If you are a business owner beginning your own hiring process, we have tips for you from our professionals:
- Focus on the candidate’s potential. Nothing is more important in a new hire than personality. While having the right skill set may seem essential, the fact is, skills can be acquired, but personalities cannot.
- Check social media profiles. Most employers do a background check, including a quick Google search on the candidate’s name, to see what is shown online. Today, we suggest looking at social media profiles to evaluate their online presence even further.
- Ask the right questions. In advance, determine questions that will help you decipher a candidate’s drive and ambition. This will help you understand how the person works, and whether or not your prospective employee will grow with your business.
- Let candidates ask questions. To help gauge whether your prospective candidate has the right personality for your particular job, it’s important to help that person understand the company’s work environment. Allowing prospective employees to interview you for a change will give you a chance to see what’s important to them.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. It’s easy to write off candidates based on their appearance, but it’s more important that you consider how well they can do the job and if they’re a good fit in other ways. When interviewing, it is important to think outside the box. Candidates who fall outside the lines of your requirements may still be the perfect fit for your business.
To learn more and / or to schedule your complimentary appointment with the experts at Corporate Business Solutions, call us at 877-357-9366.