The consultants at Corporate Business Solutions help small to medium – size businesses implement new tools and techniques that are often critical in advancing in their industry.
We have worked with many small business owners that are interested in handling their own public relations. If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, doing PR yourself can be a great money-saving option for your small business. However, as you grow, you may opt to work with a professional public relations firm. Here are some tips that may help you with your PR endeavors:
- Tell your story- Storytelling can help transform your brand’s identity and presence, and create trust from consumers or others in the industry. Some of the best stories come from you and your loyal customers. You can tell the story of how your brand came to be, and customers can tell the stories of their experiences with your business.
- Keep current – Stay informed with everything related to your industry. Set up Google Alerts and Twitter Mentions. Find and follow the top industry influencers, and read up on what your competitors are doing. You can use sites like IFTTT to collect articles containing relevant keywords from all over the internet, and have new content delivered right to your inbox.
- Network with the top influencers- If you’re actively keeping up with the top industry reporters and influencers, the second step is to then try and network with them. If you take notes on what those writers typically focus on, you’ll have an abundance of knowledge when you finally reach out to them to build a relationship.
- Do your research and remain objective – Be sure you have something to contribute to the conversation or the industry, whether it be information in the form of an article or a product or service that is particularly helpful. It’s important to do enough prep work before making any pitches. Study the outlets you’ve chosen to pitch to, and look to see if there is a specific person at an outlet you think would respond well to what you’re offering. Once again, learn as much as you can before jumping forward.
- Craft creative and compelling pitches – When you’re pitching your brand or product, you need to make sure you remain as objective as possible. Even though you might think everything your business does or provides is notably the best, not everyone will agree. Remember that a lot of top industry influencers are constantly bombarded with pitches, so yours needs to be creative and, most importantly, personal.
To learn more about what we can do for you and / or to schedule your appointment with the experienced business experts at Corporate Business Solutions, call us today at 877-357-9366.