Corporate Business Solutions has the experience and education to help small to medium – size businesses grow in today’s marketplace. We often see employers set up new telecommuting options to help reduce office costs while giving savvy employees freedom and flexibility. Not only does the employer need to set up new protocols for telecommuting employees, but the employees must also acclimate to the newer role.
If you’re a telecommuting employee, we have general tips that may help you work more effectively:
- Prioritize your day – Identify what must get done that day and do it!
- Keep a regular routine – Shower and dress every day as if you were going to an actual office. This will help you stay motivated.
- Create a comfortable space – Decide what you need to be comfortable and productive and create a home space that reflects that. From a comfortable desk chair to a book shelf, a place to hold meetings or a window to see the sun, investing in your work space can make a huge difference in your productivity.
- Set working hours – Be clear on your working hours. Let your colleagues, associates and family know your hours of operation, and stick to them.
- Use the cloud – You can upload important documents to a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or Google Drive. This allows you to log in from anywhere without having to worry about having your files with you.
- Use Google+ Hangouts – While it’s ideal if you can occasionally meet in-person with co-workers, sometimes it’s not possible because teams are separated by geography. In that case, video chatting is the next best thing, with Google+ Hangouts being an excellent medium for doing it. You can meet with up to 10 people for free, unlike Skype in which at least one person in the group has to have a paid subscription for meetings between more than two people.
- Enjoy your flexibility – Find your focus wavering? Take a break with a bike, ride, swim, or even by quitting work for the entire day.
To learn more about us and / or to schedule your complimentary appointment with the business experts at Corporate Business Solutions, call us at 877-357-9366.